Sunday, July 11, 2010

County Dock - After the Storm...

Another Sunday evening trip to the County Dock on the Saint Johns River, off of Mandarin Point.  The tide was in after a hard rain, and the ammonia smell of the algae blooms, while still present, was tolerable, and there were no dead fish in the water. In fact, the water was teeming with manatees -- a family of at least three, maybe four kept us well entertained for a good thirty minutes. Unfortunately I had only my 10-20mm lens on the D200 tonight, expecting to shoot the drama in the sky, not in the river, so no photos of the sea cows worth sharing today... On the other hand, the scene was beautiful as the cloudy remnants of the recent storm played agains the descending sun....



All of the images here (except the one above) are three-exposure HDR images, processed using Photomatix Pro. Some were also run through a Topaz Adjust filter to provide a variety of interpretations of the scene. So enough chatter -- I'll let the photos speak for themselves. These will help you understand why I'm in love with this river...






Unti next time -- enjoy your week, appreciate the world around you, and take good care of it....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics!! I don't understand the technobabble but I love the results.

I am a lover of children's literature said...

I agree with Anonymous, these are great pics indeed. I absolutely am blown away by the colors - magnificent!

Paul Garfinkel said...

Thanks to you both! It's an amazing, healing world out there... go out and enjoy it!