Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Disney, My Way

I have mixed opinions about Walt Disney World and Epcot and their associated resort developments in central Florida. The naturalist in me, which is clearly the stronger part, mourns for the disastrous destruction of central Florida wetlands habitat on land that was virtually stolen from its owners and politically maneuvered into a public policy exempt tax district allowing the entertainment megalith to do as it pleased (and pleases). On the other hand I really like to see kids smile.

I attended a conference there this week -- and without actually entering any of the theme parks, decided to photograph Disney my way. No mice. No rodents of any kind. I wanted to find the art in the sprawl of buildings, fake waterways, and contrived money-sucking entertainment venues. 

Here's for starters -- will add more to this post over the next few days...


Palms and balconies reflected in the water between the Disney Swan and Dolphin hotels

The Disney Dolphin, after dark

Real Bird, Fake Beach...

1 comment:

I am a lover of children's literature said...

Wow, what can I say? These are great photos, especially the first... the colors are magnificent.. looks just like a great impressionist painting.