Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Brief Guide To World Domination


























In my on-going search for inspiration and revelation I stumbled upon a blog written by 30 year old Chris Guillebeau -- The Art of Non-Conformity. Chris is a pretty amazing young man, whose world travel and social-entrepreneurial adventures you can learn about by reading his blog. Earlier this week, Chris posted his personal manifesto: A Brief Guide To World Domination.
Chris essentially believes that you can achieve your personal destiny while at the same time making the world a better place -- and that you can do these things without having to conform to other people's expectations of how your should get there. "Remember one thing", he writes, "You don't have to live your life the way other people expect you to". All you have to do is answer and act on two "simple" questions: 1) What do you want out of life? and 2) What do you have to offer the world that no one else has? Question one is about what your personal goals and passions are, and question two is about what you have to give back that will make the world a better place. I over simplify, so you'll have to download and read the report yourself to get the big picture. twenty-nine pages and worth the read.

At my age you might think it's too late to start thinking about world domination -- but I prefer to think otherwise. In both vocation and avocation I'm just now coming to understand my opportunities for self-realization and cultural impact. Can I clearly answer Chris's two questions? Not yet, but I'm working on it and getting closer. Find you passion(s). Identify your talents. Use your abilities for the greater good. Read Chris's report.

No comments: