Sunday, March 1, 2009

St. Augustine in 50mm of Black and White

After work Friday Mrs. Muse and I decided that a great way to decompress from a too long week would be to make a late afternoon drive down to St. Augustine. The trip is about 35 miles, the weather was great, America's oldest city always provides something of interest -- so off we went.

Traveling light, I took only my 50 mm f/1.8 lends mounted on my D200, and no other photo gear. I set the camera up for black and white shooting, and decided not to be fussy about what or how I shot -- sort of a "shoot now, think later" kind of trip -- the whole idea being to just relax, enjoy each other's company, and start the weekend right.

We walked a bit -- and ended up at the Tiny Martini Bar (on the front porch of the Casa Blanca B&B, where we have stayed overnight before). I can recommend the wine list, which includes a pretty decent Rosenblum Zinfandel (I'm a bit of a red zin fanatic) -- and Kay's mango martini wasn't too bad either.

Capped off with a shrimp dinner, we made a clearly successful and satisfying start to the weekend... more photos of St. Augustine in 50mm of Black and White are on my River Road Photography site HERE... Simple.

No comments: